Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering...

It seems like just yesterday I was in 8th grade getting ready for picture day and I came down the stairs and my mom couldnt stop watching the TV fot 2 seconds to tell me if my outfit was cute. I asked her what was wrong and she said that terrorists had just attacked our country, I could not believe it. I remember not knowing exactly what the world trade center towers were, and if people were there etc etc... when I got to school the news was on in every class and not one thing was accomplished that day, I remember watching the plane hit the second tower and my heart sank as they made an educated guess at how many people were in those building that day.. next was mass panic and instantly everyone jumped in to help. Our country pulled together like never before, it was an amazing site. Today as I remember what happened 8 years ago today, I am remembering those that lost their lives in service to our country as a result of this day and I am praying for those that lost loved ones as a result of this tragic day. Please pray for the soilders still fighting. God Bless AMERICA!












2 comments: